Need of SEO in Today’s Digital World
Today is the era of digital world. In modern context, most of the people in the world are using internet for some purpose. Large number of enterprise software has been developed to automate the manual tasks. In similar way, today most of the people search online for making product purchase. Since, e-commerce has been flourished in greater way, people are more dependent on online shopping. According to Accenture(an Irish-domiciled multinational professional services company that provides services in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations) an estimated 94% of B2B buyers say that they search online before making purchase. Brands that do not take initiative to leverage and understand the importance of SEO will be left behind and miss out on a great deal of value they could be adding to their business.
Modern consumers view the internet as an integral part of their shopping experience. Many brands and businesses know that they need SEO for their digital properties. SEO will certainly improve a websites overall search ability and visibility.
Below are the reasons why industry or business regardless of their size need SEO:
- Increased Traffic: The higher a website ranks for keywords, the more traffic will receive.
- Improved Visibility: The more keywords website ranks for and the higher they rank, the more often your brand is visible to potential customers.
- Credibility/Trust: Websites that appear higher in the search results are viewed as more trustworthy and credible. In fact 98% of all searchers choose a business that is listed on Page 1 of the results because people feel like the sites at the top are the best.
- Branding: If your customer start searching and find that your brand is consistently at or near the top for their searches, then it goes a long way in building that brand equity.
- Provides insight into your customers and who they are
- Cost Effective Marketing: SEO is one of the most cost effective forms of marketing because you are engaging someone once they have actually made the action of going to Google and typing in something related to a product or service you are offering.
- Ensures you have a positive online reputation
- Drives offline sales: According to the Accenture, consumers are searching online before purchasing in stores. If your aren’t found during their search process then you are not even being considered for that particular purchase.